Aba BUSINESS Pages (nwabaNG)
You acknowledge and agree that, by accessing or using our Services or by uploading or posting any User Content (as defined below) to the Services, you, your heirs, and assigns (hereafter known collectively as "you") are indicating that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, then you have no right to access or use our Services.
We may from time to time modify these Terms. Please check this page periodically for updates. Any changes will be posted on the Services. If you do not agree to, or cannot comply with, the modified Terms, you must stop using the Services. The updated Terms will take effect after their posting and will apply on an ongoing-forward basis, unless otherwise provided in a notice to you, and except as provided in the Mandatory Arbitration and Class Action Waiver section of these Terms. Your continued use of the Services after any such update constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes.
If there is a conflict between these Terms and any additional terms that apply to a particular feature of the Services, the additional terms will prevail, but only to the extent of the conflict.
1. ELIGIBILITY AND SCOPE
Eligibility: To qualify to use the Services you must be, represent and warrant that you are competence and of legal age. By using the Services on behalf of any third party, you are representing to us that you are an authorized representative of that third party and that your use of the Services constitutes that third party’s acceptance of these Terms. If you have been previously prohibited from accessing our Services, then you are not permitted to access our Services.
Scope: The Services are controlled and offered by nwabaNG from Nigeria. nwabaNG makes no representations that the Services are appropriate for use in other locations. If you access or use the Services from other locations, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with local law.
2. ACCOUNT REGISTRATION and ACCOUNT USE
Account Registration and Confidentiality: When you create an account to use our Services, you must select a username and password during the registration process. It is your responsibility to ensure that your password remains confidential. By registering, you agree that you will not allow others to use your account, and that you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your name or username. We may assume that any communications we receive under your account are made by you.
Unauthorized Account Use: You agree to immediately notify Nwaba.NG of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. We will not be liable for any loss, damages, liability, expenses or attorneys' fees that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge, and regardless of whether you have or have not advised us of such unauthorized use. You will be liable for losses, damages, liability, expenses and attorneys’ fees incurred by nwabaNG or a third party due to someone else using your account.
Record of Your Account: nwabaNG has no obligation to retain a record of your account or any data or information that you may have stored for your convenience by means of your account or the Services.
3. OUR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
Intellectual Property Rights: The Services are owned and operated by nwabaNG and contain material which is derived in whole or in part from material supplied by nwabaNG and its partners, as well as other sources, and is protected by Nigerian copyright laws, international treaty provisions, trademarks, service marks and other intellectual property laws. The Services are also protected as a collective work or compilation under Nigerian copyright and other law and treaties. You agree to abide by all applicable copyright and other laws, as well as any additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in the Services.
You acknowledge that the Services have been developed, compiled, prepared, revised, selected, and arranged by Nwaba.NG and others through the application of methods and standards of judgment developed and applied through the expenditure of substantial time, effort, and money and constitute valuable intellectual property of nwabaNG and such others. You agree to protect the proprietary rights of nwabaNG and all others having rights in the Services during and after the term of these Terms and to comply with all reasonable written requests made by nwabaNG or its suppliers and licensors of content or otherwise ("Suppliers") to protect their and others’ contractual, statutory, and common law rights in the Services.
You agree to notify nwabaNG immediately upon becoming aware of any unauthorized access or use of the Services by any individual or entity or of any claim that the Services infringe upon any copyright, trademark, or other contractual, statutory, or common law rights. All present and future rights in and to trade secrets, patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, know-how, and other proprietary rights of any type under the laws of any governmental authority, domestic or foreign, including without limitation rights in and to all applications and registrations relating to the Services shall, as between you and Nwaba.NG, at all times be and remain the sole and exclusive property of nwabaNG.
Use of Marks: You may not use any of nwabaNG’s trademarks, trade names, service marks, copyrights, or logos in any manner which creates the impression that such items belong to or are associated with you or, except as otherwise provided herein, are used with nwabaNG’s consent; and you acknowledge that you have no ownership rights in or to any such items.
4. USER CONTENT AND FEEDBACK
User Content: The Services may enable you to submit, post, upload, or otherwise make available (known collectively as "post") content such as your business info, products, services, events, offers, videos, images, messages, reviews, comments and other content (known collectively as "User Content") that may or may not be viewable by other users. You acknowledge and agree that all User Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom the User Content originated. You further agree that you have all required rights to post such User Content without violation of any third-party rights.
License to User Content: When you post User Content on or through the Services, you grant nwabaNG a global, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, and sub-licensable license to use, copy, distribute, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publicly perform, publicly display, translate, create derivative works from, sell, lease, transmit, disassemble, and publish such User Content, in whole or in part, in any format or medium now known or developed in the future, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Services (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You acknowledge and agree that your username may be associated with any User Content that you post.
User Content Representations: You represent and warrant to us that you own or otherwise control all rights to any User Content you post on or through the Services. You agree that you will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless nwabaNG for all claims resulting from User Content you post. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of such disputes, and in any event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defences.
User Content Review: You acknowledge and agree that Nwaba.NG and its designees may or may not, at nwabaNG’s discretion, pre-screen User Content before its appearance on the Services, but that nwabaNG has no obligation to do so. You further acknowledge and agree that nwabaNG reserves the right (but does not assume the obligation) in its sole discretion to reject, move, edit or remove any User Content that is contributed to the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, nwabaNG and its designees shall have the right to remove any User Content that violates these Terms or is otherwise objectionable in nwabaNG‘s sole discretion.
You acknowledge and agree that Nwaba.NG does not verify, adopt, ratify, or sanction User Content, and you agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with your use of User Content or your reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of User Content. You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to User Content that you may consider offensive or objectionable. You also acknowledge that nwabaNG is a provider of an interactive computing service. nwabaNG expressly reserves its rights to not be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider on or through the Services.
User Feedback: Any information provided to us by e-mail or other mediums, including but not limited to feedback, data, answers, questions, comments, suggestions, plans, ideas or the like, shall be deemed to be non-confidential, and we assume no obligation to protect such information from disclosure. The submission of such information to us shall in no way prevent the purchase, manufacture or use of similar products, services, plans and ideas by us for any purpose whatsoever, and we shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to others without restriction.
5. MEMBERSHIP AND PROHIBITED CONDUCT
Membership: Subject to your compliance with these Terms, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable membership right to personally access and use the Services in accord with the Terms.
Prohibited Uses: You will not use of the Services for any illegal purpose, or for any other purpose not expressly permitted in these Terms. Without limitation, you will not:
- Post or otherwise provide User Content that harasses, abuses, or threatens any other person, or that contains obscene content.
- Post User Content that degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability or other classification.
- Post User Content that is unlawful, harmful, tortuous, defamatory, libellous, or invasive of another’s privacy. A partial list of prohibited items and services is provided at: https://www.business.nwaba.ng/prohibited-items
- Copy, download (other than through page caching necessary for personal use, or as otherwise expressly permitted by these Terms), modify, distribute, post, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, broadcast, duplicate, publish, republish, upload, license, reverse engineer, create derivative works from, or offer for sale any content or other information contained on or obtained from or through the Services, by any means except as provided for in these Terms or with the prior written consent of nwabaNG.
- Scrape, access, monitor, index, frame, link, or copy any content or information on the Services by accessing the Services in an automated way, using any robot, spider, scraper, web crawler, or any other method of access other than manually accessing the publicly-available portions of the Services through a browser or accessing the Services through any approved API.
- Violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers of the Services, if any, or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to the Services.
- Post material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them (in either case as determined by nwabaNG in its sole discretion).
- Post or otherwise make available any material that contains any software, device, instructions, computer code, files, programs and/or other content or feature that is designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment (including without limitation any time bomb, virus, software lock, worm, self-destruction, drop-device, malicious logic, Trojan horse, trap door, "disabling," "lock out," "metering" device or any malicious code).
- Post or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of the Services.
- Post material that impedes or otherwise prohibits communication or disrupts user discussion.
- Post, utilize or otherwise make available any other party’s intellectual property unless you have the right to do so; or remove or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice contained on the Services.
- Post any trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information, or post any material that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships, including but not limited to insider information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under non-disclosure agreements.
- Falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, or impersonate any person or entity in a manner that constitutes parody.
- Through misrepresentation or otherwise, solicit personal or sensitive information from other users including without limitation address, credit card or financial account information, or passwords.
- Violate the law or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability.
- Frame, inline link, or similarly display the Services or any portion of the Services.
- Violate these Terms or any guidelines or policies posted by nwabaNG.
nwabaNG reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to remove any User Content, block access to the Services, and/or cancel the account of any user.
6. LEGAL COMPLIANCE
To the extent that you make a purchase of products offered by nwabaNG through the Services, such purchase will be subject to the terms of sale presented on the website or service whereon the purchase is made.
7. WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMERS
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- THE WARRANTIES, IF ANY, APPLICABLE TO EACH PRODUCT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY THE MANUFACTURER OF SUCH PRODUCT. ALL PRODUCTS ARE MANUFACTURED BY THIRD PARTIES.
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. Nwaba.NG EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. nwabaNG ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TIMELINESS, DELETION, MIS-DELIVERY OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE ANY CONTENT OR TO STORE ANY PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS OR USER MATERIALS.
- ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES IS DOWNLOADED AND USED AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, MOBILE DEVICE, SOFTWARE, TECHNOLOGY OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH CONTENT.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM nwabaNG OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
- THE SERVICES DO NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL OR LEGAL ADVICE. CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR REGARDING ALL ISSUES RELATING TO THE PREVENTION, DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT OF ANY MEDICAL CONDITION, AND WITH YOUR LEGAL COUNSEL REGARDING ANY LEGAL CONCERNS.
- nwabaNG MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, GUARANTEE OR PROMISE THAT THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR ACHIEVE ANY PARTICULAR RESULTS, INCLUDING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
- nwabaNG WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CONTENT OR SERVICES, ANY LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES OR ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES. nwabaNG DOES NOT VET OR VERIFY USERS THAT IDENTIFY THEMSELVES AS EXPERTS ON PARTICULAR TOPICS THROUGH THE SERVICES, AND YOU AGREE NOT TO HOLD nwabaNG RESPONSIBLE FOR RELIANCE ON SUCH EXPERTS IF YOU DO NOT ACHIEVE THE RESULTS YOU EXPECT IN RELYING ON SUCH EXPERTS.
- PACKAGING, LABELS AND INSTRUCTIONS MAY CONTAIN MANUFACTURER DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY THAT APPLY TO THE PRODUCTS YOU PURCHASE. nwabaNG MAKES ALL DISCLAIMERS IN THIS PARAGRAPH ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL nwabaNG, ITS RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS, OR REPRESENTATIVES (AND ALL SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING) (COLLECTIVELY "nwabaNG" FOR PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION) BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE PERFORMANCE, USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR PRODUCTS, EVEN IF nwabaNG HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, VIOLATION OF STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. nwabaNG WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF REPLACEMENT PRODUCTS, LOSS OF REVENUE OR LOSS OF GOOD WILL. IN ANY EVENT, OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE TO WHICH THE CLAIM RELATES OR, IF THE CLAIM DOES NOT RELATE TO A PRODUCT OR SERVICE, N50,000 (fifty thousand naira only).
nwabaNG DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY WEBSITE FEATURED OR LINKED TO THROUGH THE SERVICE, AND nwabaNG WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. nwabaNG WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Services, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that nwabaNG shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any tort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on or through the Services.
11. THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND SERVICES
12. MODIFICATION AND TERMINATION
Modification of Services: nwabaNG reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services (or any part thereof), with or without notice. You agree that nwabaNG shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services.
Termination: These Terms are effective unless and until terminated by you or us. We may, in our sole and absolute discretion, deny you access to all or part of the Services at any time for any or no reason at all, with or without notice to you. Grounds for such termination shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of these Terms or other agreements, (b) requests by law enforcement or government agencies, (c) discontinuance or material modification of the Services (or any part thereof), (d) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, (e) extended periods of inactivity (f) activities related to protecting the rights, property or safety of nwabaNG, its agents and affiliates, its users and the public; or (g) if you provide any information, including registration information, that is false, inaccurate, out-of-date, or incomplete. If we terminate for no reason your right to access the Services, we will fulfill our obligations to you related to any order outstanding at the time of termination. If you terminate your account, you will remain liable under these Terms for any nwabaNG are made prior to termination. If we terminate your right to access the Services, these Terms will terminate and all rights you have to access the Services will immediately terminate; however, certain provisions of these Terms will still apply post termination, including without limitation, the Mandatory Arbitration and Class Action Waiver provisions. Termination of your account may also include, at nwabaNG’s sole discretion, the deletion of your account and/or User Content.
13. MANDATORY ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT.
Application: You and nwabaNG agree that these Terms affect interstate commerce and that the Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these arbitration provisions. This Section 14 is intended to be interpreted broadly and governs any and all disputes between us including but not limited to claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between us, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory; claims that arose before these Terms or any prior agreement (including, but not limited to, claims related to advertising); and claims that may arise after the termination of these Terms. The only disputes excluded from this broad prohibition are the litigation of certain intellectual property and small court claims, as provided below.
Arbitrator’s Powers: The arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve all disputes arising out of or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, or formation of these Terms including but not limited to any claim that all or any part of these Terms is void or void-able, whether a claim is subject to arbitration, or the question of waiver by litigation conduct. The arbitrator shall be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in a court under law or in equity. The arbitrator’s award shall be written and shall be binding on the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Class Action Waiver: The parties further agree that the arbitration shall be conducted in the party’s respective individual capacities only and not as a class action or other representative action, and the parties expressly waive their right to file a class action or seek relief on a class basis. YOU AND NWABA.NG AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this paragraph is void or unenforceable for any reason or that an arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the arbitration provisions set forth above shall be deemed null and void in their entirety and the parties shall be deemed to have not agreed to arbitrate disputes.
Exception: Litigation of Intellectual Property and Small Claims Court Claims. Notwithstanding the parties’ decision to resolve all disputes through arbitration, either party may bring enforcement actions, validity determinations or claims arising from or relating to theft, piracy or unauthorized use of intellectual property in state or federal court or in the Nigeria Patent and Trademark Office to protect its intellectual property rights ("intellectual property rights" means patents, copyrights, moral rights, trademarks, and trade secrets, but not privacy or publicity rights). Either party may also seek relief in a small claims court for disputes or claims within the scope of that court’s jurisdiction.
Changes to This Section: nwabaNG will provide thirty (30) days’ notice of any changes to this section by posting on the Services. Amendments will become effective thirty (30) days after they are posted on the Services or sent to you by email. Changes to this section will otherwise apply prospectively only to claims arising after the thirtieth (30th) day. If a court or arbitrator decides that this subsection on "Changes to This Section" is not enforceable or valid, then this subsection shall be severed from the section entitled Mandatory Arbitration and Class Action Waiver, and the court or arbitrator shall apply the first Mandatory Arbitration and Class Action Waiver section in existence after you began using the Services.
Survival: This Mandatory Arbitration and Class Action Waiver section shall survive any termination of your use of Nwaba.NG Perks.
14. CONTROLLING LAW AND SEVERABILITY
These Terms will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Abia State of Nigeria, without regard to its conflict-of-law provisions. If any part of these Terms is considered invalid, it shall be enforced as effectively as possible while all other provisions remain in full effect.
15. GENERAL TERMS
Force Majeure: Under no circumstances shall nwabaNG or its licensor or supplier be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from an event beyond its reasonable control.
No Waiver and Severability. No waiver of any term of these Terms will be binding unless in writing, no waiver of any term of these Terms will be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and the failure of nwabaNG to exercise or enforce any right or remedy in these Terms does not waive that right or remedy. If an arbitrator or a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms to be invalid, the parties agree that the court should endeavour to give effect, to the maximum extent permitted by law, to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
Third-Party Beneficiaries: You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in these Terms, there shall be no third-party beneficiaries to these Terms.
Miscellaneous: These Terms (and all terms and conditions incorporated herein) constitute the entire agreement between you and nwabaNG and govern your use of the Services and products provided by nwabaNG, and supersede any prior agreements between you and nwabaNG on the subject matter. These Terms, and any rights or licenses granted hereunder, may not be assigned or delegated by you. These Terms, and any rights or licenses granted hereunder, may be assigned or delegated by Nwaba.NG without restriction. These Terms bind and inure to the benefit of each party and the party’s successors and permitted assigns. These Terms may not be modified by an oral statement by a representative of nwabaNG. No agency, partnership, joint venture or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by these Terms. You agree that any agreements made by and between you and us in electronic form are as legally binding as if made in physical written form. These Terms will not be construed against the drafter. "Include(s)" or "including" means, respectively, "include(s) without limitation" or "including without limitation", unless expressly stated otherwise. If you are using the Services for or on behalf of government (state or federal), your license rights do not exceed those granted to non-government consumers. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
Notices: We may deliver notice to you by e-mail, posting a notice on the Services or any other method we choose and such notice will be effective on dispatch. If you give notice to us, it will be effective when received and you must use the following physical or email address:
(1) Aba BUSINESS Pages, 108 Aba-Owerri Road, Aba; or
Last Updated: June 08, 2019