Displaying items by tag: aba security
Your Personal Security Tips
- Inform your movement out of town only to trusted neighbours.
- Do not board a vehicle with two or more passengers inside. They may be armed robbers or kidnappers.
- Enter vehicles only at recognized motor parks.
- Screen your house helps or guards before employing them.
- While travelling long distances, anytime it gets dark, check into the nearest hotel and continue the next day.
- Do not open the door of your house to unknown persons. Teach your house help and children the same.
- Make sure there is some airtime in your mobile phones at night. You might need it to save your life or that of another.
- Do not keep large sums of money at home. Use the banks.
- Always ask for the identity of persons who pose as security personnel, power holding, or other utility staff, before opening your door.
- If you notice suspicious persons tracing you, drive straight to the nearest police station.
- Be sure to lock all doors and windows at night.
- Provide adequate security lights in your home and business premises.
- Remove any objects that can aid another into your house; for example ladder, table, stool, etc.
- Screen domestic staff before employment and obtain their photographs.
- Vary your routes to and from the bank.
- Call any of the emergency numbers if you are not sure of any movements around your premises.
EMERGENCY POLICE NUMBERS
For Aba Area Command (and the whole of Abia State)